Monday, March 01, 2004

I have been in my new favorite place, a place I would like to live for all my days, except for the slight fear of slipping into the ocean. Big Sur is my new best friend. Anne and I spent Thursday evening in Walnut Creek in our friend's apartment and then drove down to Limekiln State Park for Friday and Saturday. I saw the sunset four nights in a row, and I saw seals, seagulls fishing, I watched for whales and felt the waves pounding the beach. What more could I want? This weekend reminded me of something else. I had been praying for some great time of solitude, and it was okay. However, God had in mind that Anne and I would comfort our friend at a time when he needed it and could not communicate it to us. I have no idea how to follow God's heart most of the time, but I am thankful that he is faithful in helping me work out my salvation.

jc

No comments: