Wednesday, February 18, 2004

let me tell you about poetry. Poetry is like water that slides down your neck in a rainstorm. You don't know when it will slip into your life, and you must stop and feel it find its channel down your spine. Obedience is mandatory if one is to bear the fruit of any relationship, be it between language and myself, or Jesus and myself. I must be quick to obey and slow to speak, quick to enter in fully and slow to hold back. With poetry or Jesus, if I am late or hesitant I will miss out on that particular instance, that poem, that blessing. The surest way to write poetry is to be planted in the waters, remaining where there is great fruit. Interestingly, both poetry and Jesus are all around us, so "remaining" is actully being diligent in being aware of what goes on around.

my good friend Scott Allen arrived today. It is strange and wonderful how much I missed him. It is something special to have a friend who enjoys you as much as you enjoy him. Good night.

jc

No comments: