Tuesday, February 17, 2004

I'm going to see Miracle tonight with my wife Anne this evening, and probably I'll eat a meal before then. That sounds terrific. On a different note, I am disappointed that A-Rod is a Yankee. Not as disappointed as I was when Jason Giambi sold out the A's. There was something tremendous beginning when he left the A's. A rivalry of the coasts that to me could maybe, just maybe have matched the old Dodgers-Yankees storyline. I loved the thought of the little A's with there small payroll and big character and heart against the juggernaut of the Yanks. I love the Yanks like I love baseball, but I hate the Yanks with that same love. Giambi could have powered something great, but now he will be just one more great player who used to play against the Yanks. A-Rod? Who knows. I hope God blesses him and teaches him about the love of money, because it so far has only gotten him from the great town of Seattle to Arlington, Texas, and now New York. Those places are not important, really.

jc

jc

No comments: