Wednesday, February 16, 2005

work day

Work days are not as cool as weekends, but there sure are a lot more of them. That makes me wish they were better than weekends. [cue Smashing Pumpkins] Today, however, was great. It started 42 minutes late, when I jumped out of bed and was immediately awake. I was walking to the Dining Hall before my eyes were focusing. To Do Before Breakfast: sweep floor. mop floor. dry floor. clean girls bathroom. clean boys bathroom. sweep floors. mop floors. sweep store. mop store. Done Before Breakfast: sweep floor. mop some floor. check the bathrooms. This what happens when you are really late.

Breakfast: we ate biscuits, honey, sausage, eggs. Lamar worked with me today and it was fantastic. He loves to be thorough, do a job right. It really is something special. He also almost threw up while we were cleaning a bathroom. The sounds were too amazing. We laughed a lot, and also started building a recycling station; the design was working well. Jess joined us after lunch, we talked about love, lawsuits, turning your cheek, Matthew, Luke. Our tire went flat; the steel belts were sticking out of it. We crawled under the muddy truck, and couldn't see how to get the tire off. So we sprayed the underside of out 17 year old toyota and voila, got the tire, put it on. Done, eight hours later. I can't explain how wonderful this all was.

2 comments:

Deanna said...

I hate it when I wake up and I'm already late to work. At least you didn't have to drive 20 minutes to get there.

Ben P said...

BOY do I ever miss it up there