Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Captain Underpants Returns!


I have a few boys who are learning to speak English, so some things are funny for them that are normal for other children. "Mr. Capp" is funny, particularly the "Capp" part. I have been dubbed "Captain America" (ironically because I had to make them stand up for the Pledge of Allegiance, which I don't normally say). At the risk of my legitimacy as a teacher, I am unsure what to do when six year olds make fun of my name. So I tell them it is inappropriate to make fun of anyone, and then ignore them.

So today in the act of ignoring them, I heard one say "are you captain underpants?"

Why yes, I am. But I can't let them know.

5 comments:

Cory PiƱa said...

Your secret is safe with me.

rise up said...

glad to see you are admitting it. that is the first step.
I shall not tell.

amy s said...

From Mother Teresa to Captain Underpants in a single bound!
miss you Mr. Capp...and the Mrs. too!

josh said...

you should read the books, i think you 'd get a kick out of them. Captain Underpants

Crotty said...

Are you concerned that they might read your blog?