Monday, September 05, 2005

Mother Teresa

It is a strange thing, the way words and people, the way our perceptions and our current events converge upon our hearts at certain poignant times. In a time where I wonder what I can do about suffering, I have come upon some the words of a woman I have heard of my entire life, but paid little attention to. Two (or three) short quotes:

"Do not think that love, in order to be genuine, has to be extraordinary. What we need is to love without getting tired."

"Let us not be satisfied with just giving money. Money is not enough, money can be got, but they need your hearts to love them. So, spread your love everywhere you go."

"Many people mistake our work for our vocation. Our vocation is the love of Jesus."

2 comments:

rise up said...

great quotes from an awesome woman. peace brother

Deanna said...

how appropriate that we were all looking for her quotes at such a time.